InfoPass is an Internet-based system that enables the public to
go online to schedule appointments with immigration information
officers at U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
offices. If you have a complex immigration question or need that is
best addressed by a trained USCIS officer in person, InfoPass offers
a convenient alternative to waiting in line for assistance. InfoPass
is a secure Internet site.
Typically, customers would begin lining up at several USCIS
offices sometimes before dawn to ensure they have an opportunity to
speak with an immigration information officer about their case.
Because of the overwhelming demand, many people must be turned away.
With InfoPass, people who come to busiest USCIS ffices can be
assured they'll get the assistance they need. And they can schedule
their appointments for a date and time that is convenient for them.
For many things, you may not have to go to local USCIS office.
* You can use either this website or USCIS to get lot of
information about immigration.
* You can get the forms online. Many of the forms can be filed
* You can check the status of your pending case online.
Taking an appointment
* Visit Info Pass website. InfoPass is available now at all
* Choose your preferred language. InfoPass is currently offered
in 12 languages.
* Follow screen prompts asking for your zip code, name, birth
date, phone number, desired appointment type, date, and time.
* InfoPass generates an electronic appointment notice, which
appears on the screen.
* InfoPass appointments are available in two-week.
Documents to take to appointment
* Bring a print out of the appointment notice. The notice gives
the date and time of the appointment, the USCIS office address, and
instructions on any additional documents required.
* Be prepared to present personal identification, such as a
government-issued ID card, passport, valid driver's license, I-94,
Work Authorization Card, or green card (I-551).
* Bring any forms, receipts, translations, and original documents
related to your inquiry.
* You can cancel and reschedule appointments over the Internet
using the identification numbers at the bottom of your appointment
* If you lose your appointment notice, you may generate a
replacement by accessing InfoPass and entering the information.
When taking an appointment, sometimes, you may keep getting the
message that there are not appointments available at this time. You
should keep trying.
You may also try during "off-peak" hours such as late evenings,
early monrings, just past midnight, between 5 P.M. and 8 P.M etc.
If you need to take more than one appointment (e.g., one for each
family member that needs passport stamping for I-485 approval), you
may need to wait for at least 30 minutes before the system will
accept additional appointments. Alternatively, you can use another
computer with a different IP address.